Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lambeau Handstands & CrossFit Green Bay

One of the most common CrossFit photos that you will these days are of people doing handstands in various places all over the world. Saturday's trip took us up to Green Bay, WI and what's a CrossFit girl to do but to take a handstand picture at her favorite place on earth - Lambeau Field! This was definitely the highlight of my weekend.



After showing Vince Lombardi a little CrossFit love, we had some time before the wedding to drop into CrossFit Green Bay, a newly opened box owned by Grant Soletski. Every piece of equipment in this box was brand spankin' new, and we had lots of fun breaking some of it in.



WOD:

1 15′ rope climb/800 m run
2 15′ rope climbs/400 m run
3 15′ rope climbs/200 m run

This was my very first rope work, which I was excited for but also frustrated with. Thankfully, Mike knew a progression so I was able to do the WOD. Since I was doing a modification, my rope climbs were multiplied by 3. (3, 6, 9)



Fun fun fun! Thanks again Grant and I look forward to dropping in before the Packers game in December. And thanks for letting me wrestle around with Sam. :)

1 comment:

  1. Climbing a rope? How does one get to be strong enough to do that?

    ReplyDelete