Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 10, Shoes, Road Trip & Shout Outs!

I've finally hit Day 10 of my 10 Day Advocare Herbal Cleanse Challenge. The results?

Weight: Started at 158.5#, ended today at 155#, although my lowest was 154#. I'm not too discouraged because I have been lifting heavy this week and as CrossFitters, we all know the scale doesn't always reflect our true measurements.

How do I feel and how hard was it? I feel fabulous. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be; I thought missing coffee would be the hardest part and it wasn't, thanks to Spark. I've been eating paleo on and off for months now so the clean eatting wasn't hard at all. Yeah, sitting in the bar with my friends over the weekend, watching football and not drinking wasn't my idea of a great time but being 100% sober actually let me put all my focus on the games, so I didn't miss a play. And I definitely didn't miss being hung over.

Did I cheat at all? I will admit, last night, Day 9, I did have two beers, two cookies and some chocolate at a celebration. How did I feel after? Like total shit. Was not worth it. I don't think it effected me too much but to be extra cautious, I may throw in a second WOD for today (just a run).

So my next steps? I'm going to continue on the Spark and Catalyst and I'm now officially an Advocare distributor. I may try some of the performance supplements but that won't be for a few weeks.

In the meantime....my new CrossFit "Toy"...my new INOV-8 F Lites 195s!! I'm so stoked to have a pair, as I was watching the AgainFaster.com website every day for a few weeks now. My Coach bought the same pair as well. So far, we love them. I did a big happy dance on my front porch when the post master dropped them off last week; he found it entertaining. :)



I got the shoes just in time for my big weekend road trip! Me and Navy Mike are starting in Davenport, IA on Friday morning to WOD at Quad City CrossFit, then shoot up to Rochester, MN to WOD at CrossFit Progression. Then on Saturday morning, it's Handstands in front of Lambeau (aka...Heaven on Earth < 3) and then to check out the new CrossFit Green Bay box. But I think the hardest part of the trip will be getting through my cousin's wedding that afternoon....after all that WODing, it will be interesting to see if I can stay awake during the ceremony.

And lastly today, I wanted to give a couple of shout outs! My buddy Khristian Moore was just interview on CrossFit Radio last week; it's an inspiring yet entertaining interview so I recommend everyone listen to it:

http://journal.crossfit.com/2010/10/crossfit-radio-episode-141.tpl


For those that haven't heard mine & Navy Mike's interview yet, you can find it here:

http://journal.crossfit.com/2010/09/crossfit-radio-episode-137.tpl


Also, my buddy Ric Stokes just started a Paleo challenge, on his way to a healthier CrossFit body and has started a blog to document with photos how his progress is going. I know he'll do great! :)

5 comments:

  1. Nice Post! Make sure to post photos of the handstands in front of Lambeau.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post Jaimie, I really like the part about ME! LOL. No Congrats on the 10 day Cleanse , and the new shoes. The road trip sounds great and sure wish I could join you guys. Have a great time and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I just realized I am off by 10lbs on my weight. Ha! I wish I was in the 40s.

    @Jonny - I'll definitely get lots of pictures; I can't wait.

    @Ric - thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I was clicking around and found this...this is so great! Keeping a blog-log of what you are doing. I like the new kicks. Keep on kicking. And thank you for being my back-up sponsor. @jarret23 is my main:) Best to you!

    ~Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, sneaky Mike, having two twitter accounts! I'm honored to be your back up sponsor.

    ReplyDelete