Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Coffee vs Spark

Rockstar Day #3!
Weight: 157#

I decided that I needed some sleep, as it's essential to all things health with me, so I skipped my 0630 WOD and sleep until 0730. It was a pretty good 8 hours of sleep and it totally paid off. I got up, had my morning Spark and Catalyst and within 30 minutes, I was so ready to go on a 4 mile run. It was definitely the best run I've had in weeks!....until the trenchal downpour with lightening and thunder. :)

I use to joke right before Lent that you can take away my alcohol, take away my facebook...even taking away my texting for 30 days but don't even think about touching my morning cup of coffee. Both my Dad and StepDad were Marines so every single morning, even to this day, a full pot of coffee is awaiting every morning. So it's safe to say I've been hooked on the black elixir since a very early age.

But, I stayed open minded and decided to give this 10 day, no coffee, cleanse a try. The first two days, although were great, were alittle rough at times. On Day #1, by noon, I was tired and had a headache. Yesterday, Day #2, I started experiencing the same symptoms, but they were alittle less in severity and they didn't show up until 1pm. I am happy to say that each day is getting better and better; I know that 8 hours of sleep did have a hand in helping but I have felt fabulous all day and didn't get tired until almost 230pm today. (And no headaches)

So where do I stand now on the topic of coffee? I will definitely not say I will never drink it again; however, I did order a new canister of Spark (Pink Lemonade!) so for now, I have decided to make that my daily drink instead of coffee. Coffee has never let me down, but there's no way I can drink a full serving of coffee and then go for a run 30 minutes later; coffee is just too heavy for me and well, makes me have to pee right away :) I will definitely enjoy a Starbucks drink here and there, and maybe a nice cup of Joe on a rest day or some cold afternoon. But I'm just happy I've found a great alternative that fits my needs right now.



When I tell people what my diet restrictions are, people tend to look at me like I'm crazy. Paleo?! No bread?! I can't live without my cheese! You must really hate being on this diet.

Well, please see above picture of my most delicious lunch. Baked salmon, with nothing but sprinkled BBQ spices, baked spaghetti squash, with nothing but pepper, garlic powder and alittle salt (thanks Michael for introducing me to this awesome vegetable), and a couple of strawberries to cleanse the palette afterwards. Oh yes, my friends, how I suffer on this diet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment