Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 2!

Weight: 157#

I can't believe I'm saying this but thanks to Spark, I'm not having a hard time not drinking coffee. Sometimes I miss the taste of it but I am definitely not depending on it for energy. Work up at my normal 5:30am this morning and was feeling super duper tired (more so than normal). I think a fell asleep around 11pm last night and pretty much slept through the night so I don't know why I was so tired this morning. (I don't want to place blame on the Advocare supplements I took before bed just yet). So I took my Spark and took my Catalyst and within minutes, I was ready to go.

Today's Lincoln Park CrossFit WOD:

Bench 5x5
95# (4 sets), 105# (1 set)

MetCon: 15 mins AMRAP (Got 4 rounds)
200m Run
20 Ring Body Row
40 Stick Jumps
20 Ring Push Ups

Even though I was still somewhat tired, I did great on both! I actually wished the MetCon was 20 mins versus 15. (Not very often I'll say that, ha)

So I don't know exactly yet how much the Advocare 'Catalyst' supplement helps with toning and muscle development, but I can tell you that it kicks ass with curbing my monster appetite. I am definitely staying safe and within my appropriate calorie range; I'm just not starving or overeating anymore. Since I usually work out in the a.m., I'm starving by afternoon, no matter how much I eat between my workout and lunch time. My afternoon, between lunch and dinner, is when I normally consume the most of my calories.

Now, if I take a Spark and some Catalyst around noon and wait 30 minutes to eat lunch, I'm now consistently full throughout the whole afternoon until dinner. I actually have to make myself have a snack half way through the afternoon! All of this has also been cutting back on overeating at dinner as well.

The verdict thus far, through Day #2 of 10 - so far, so good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment