Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Creamy Avocado Dressing

Avocados are definitely in my top 5 favorite foods. I love the texture, the color, the taste, how versatile they can be and of course, I love how healthy they are.

I don't remember how I happened upon this recipe but I will thank CrossFit Central Relentless Bootcamp for posting it. Normally my week day lunches consist of a big salad with tuna fish and some kind of Paleo dressing; today I decided to give this dressing a try since it basically contains all of the things I normally put in my salad anyways.

Recipe of the Week-- Creamy Avocado Dressing

1 avocado
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup water
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper

Place avocado, olive oil, lemon juice and water in a blender

Puree until smooth then blend in salt and pepper

Serve over green or chopped salad




Simple, fast and inexpensive. I already had all of the ingredients in my kitchen. This recipe made enough so I can store some in the refrigerator for tomorrow's salad. I also think this is the type of recipe that could be 'open to interpretation'; maybe add a little salsa or chipotle seasoning to it. Let me know if anyone comes up with a variation!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I eat avocados all the time, I'm going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete