Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Date with "Josh" at Cactus CrossFit

I had the joy of visiting Cactus Crossfit in Scottsdale this morning for their 6am 'Express' class. (Warm Up/MetCon only, 30 mins) This is box #20 for me in the past 6 months and I'm finally glad I got to stop in! Started the morning with meeting Coach Jason and we immediately went into some banter about the Vikings and their acquiring of Randy Moss. (He's from Minnesota and I'm from Green Bay) Talking football is one of my favorite things. :)

Warm Up: 500m Row easy, then 500m Row for Time (1:55)
MetCon: "Josh" in 9:40

21 OHS, 42 Pull Ups
15 OHS, 30 Pull Ups
9 OHS, 18 Pull Ups

Did the OHS at Rx of 65# but haven't really been practicing my kipping pull ups much while on the road so those were shit today :( Ended up with jumping pulls and some extremely sore forearms. It was my first time doing "Josh" and I loved it.
Although I'm a few days late, I finally started the 'October Burpees Challenge' after my Cactus CrossFit WODs today. 15 + date = Burpee Count, from now until the last day of October, so today I got in 21 burpees. Actually wasn't that bad; I like burpees and will use this challenge to work on getting my maximum number of unbroken burpees. (Today was 15 unbroken) Since I'm late on this challenge, I may add those 5 missed days on to the end....haven't decided! :) (That's 51 burpees on the last day!)
Thanks again Cactus CrossFit and Coach Jason; I hope to be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Josh is one of my favorite WODs. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I liked it too, if I could get my pull ups where they need to be :)

    ReplyDelete