Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 1!

Today starts the first day of new beginnings!

I've never been one to take supplements; call me a non-believer. I usually go for the 'clean diet for all you need' sort of way. But I also will try almost anything once. So when a friend on twitter told me that she did a 10 day Advocare cleanse that rid her of her belly fat, I was definitely intrigued. My belly fat is still my most troubled area, even with doing paleo pretty much most of the week. So I looked into it, ordered what I needed to order, and now I'm giving it a try!

The rules, for 10 days:

No coffee
No alcohol
Strict clean eatting, every 2-2.5 hours

The supplements from Advocare are Spark (for energy, and it's instant!), Catalyst and the 10 day Herbal Cleanse.

Continue my WODing as usual.

I think the hardest part is going to be giving up coffee. I drink a lot of coffee, every day, since atleast high school, if not earlier. But it's only for 10 days, right?

Day 1: 158.5#



I will say that I haven't been advertising all of this to the people I know, other than the no coffee/no alcohol part. Hey, I had to warn people that me and coffee were taking a break; we are talking about a serious thing here. :) The reason for most of my hush hush-ness is because I'm finding that physical fitness is becoming like the politics and religion of debates. Everyone has their opinion on which type of exercise is the right kind, which diet is the most effective, etc. Although I might not agree with everyone's opinions, I do love hearing about the different methods and diets that people try and what results they are getting.

Upon telling a friend this morning about my new venture, he said for me to read Kate Rawlings's blog and good luck. I had actually already read her blog concerning her use of Advocare products a few days back. She use to be a big user of Advocare and although she is taking a break from using all Advocare (or any other supplements for that matter), she also said that she is "not saying (she) would never use their products, just not right now".

Again, great insight from someone who has actually gone out there and given them a try. Her blog makes it sound like she has had success with Advocare in the past but right now, it's not what she needs.

Did I let this blog influence my thoughts on Advocare? Definitely not, because it's just one opinion. And although her opinion is great, I can't imagine where I'd be in life right now if I let just one (or even two or three) opinion influence my actions. Give me 10 days and I'll give you my Advocare opinion....if you ask for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment