Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Taking charge of my meals....Day 1!

I'm not a prideful person, and I've accepted the fact that every now and then, everyone needs a little help. Last Fall, my diet was right on point and I was able to lose pounds and inches but still make strength gains. I got down to 150.5lbs in order to make a specific weight class for a local OLY Meet in Chicago and was pretty happy. This was mid-December; shortly after that, I fell off the wagon.

Or should I say, I took a big nose dive off the damn thing. The holidays hit, a bad break ensued and well, my team went to the Superbowl, baby! So December and January were a big huge ol' months of faileos, left and right, and I got back up to the mid-160s. And lets be real folks, it was not all muscle. :)

I've been fighting with myself for the past few months, on and off paleo as much as my self discipline would allow. In the end, I know what to eat and what not to eat but I feel like I eat too much of a good thing. (*cough* Almond Butter *cough*) And alas, the weight is not really coming off.

So I decided to take advantage of the awesome coaching at Crossfit Invictus and signed up to talk with someone about nutrition and meal planning. I had my first meeting with Coach George yesterday to go over my goals, what has worked and hasn't worked in the past, and to take measurements. Which was motivating all on its own; there's nothing like someone taking measurements of areas you are ashamed of to kick your ass into gear.

In the end, we came up with a meal plan for this week; a beautifully organized excel spreadsheet listing out what I'll eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for each day this week. The meals vary every day, other than leftovers, to give me variety and it is all paleo. After I fill out a questionaire and we dig deeper into how my body reacts to certain foods, we will end up tweaking the plan to be more specific to my needs and goals.



For today, my breakfast consisted of a yummy egg fritatta with spinach, asapargus, sundried tomatos, bacon and olives. Lunch will consist of leftover paleo chili that I had for dinner last night (recipe: http://crossfittravels.blogspot.com/2011/02/chili-for-when-its-chilly.html) and dinner will consist of Broiled Salmon with steamed broccoli and collard greens.

I'll try to post every day this week what my meal plan is and how it's going for those interested in some new paleo recipes and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment