Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Row, row, row my boat.....

Invictus Fitness is proud to announce the opening of our latest club, the Invictus Rowing Club. And I'm proud to announce that I joined it :) I've been working really hard on trying to increase my endurance and lose some weight so I figured rowing is one of the best ways to do this. Plus, clubs are fun, especially Crossfit clubs! This little tidbit from Coach Shane made the decision to join that much easier: "All club members who successfully complete 3 months of the Rowing Club will get the chance to go on the water and enjoy an outing on Mission Bay; San Diego’s epicenter for rowing."

Hellz. Yeah.

Row Club Baseline, 5/24/2011

Distance: 5000m
Time: 23:29
Split: 2:20
Stroke: 27

I will say it's much easier to run a 5K than row a 5K, even if it's less time. I still loved it though and learned so much. And of course, the group WOD today was rowing. :)

Teams of 2-3:

4 RFT
-400m Row
-400m Run

23:09 for both me and Amanda finishing.

Well, I wanted more cardio to help my endurance and lose weight and now I’m getting it. Tomorrow’s a rest day.

Today's Meal Plan:

0600: Coffee
0700: Crossfit
0815: Progenex Chocolate More Muscle, Unsweetened Almond Milk, Banana Extract, Chia Seeds, Ice, blended
1115: 5oz of turkey sausage w/ salsa and sauteed spinach and a few walnuts
1215: Coffee
1430: Leftover Pulled Pork (Spiced w/ Garlic, Mustard and Curry) & Cauliflower Rice
1745: Rack of Lamb w/ Asparagus

For the Rack of Lamb recipe, here's the blog from my Crossfit and Nutrition Coach, George: Rack of Lamb. Any leftovers will be my lunch tomorrow. Also by Coach George is this Pulled Pork recipe, I used 1lb and a crockpot: Pulled Pork. Super yummy and well, less expensive than the Rack of Lamb. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment