Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mmmmmmm....Paleo Meatloaf!

While visiting my girl Heather in Seattle last weekend, she introduced me to a meatloaf recipe so yummy, that I had to make it first thing when I got home on Monday. Since I was, of course, bragging about it on Twitter, it has been requested many times that I post the recipe. So here ya go! This is one of my favorite types of dishes - inexpensive, easy prep, paleo, and can be cooked in your crockpot, which also means it makes enough for 3-4 days worth of meals.

For this recipe, I chose to use 1 pound of ground turkey and 1 pound of ground grass fed beef. Heather told me that the original recipe called for ground pork and ground grass fed beef; either way, you can use whatever type(s) of ground meat that you want.

Turn your Crockpot on low and throw in a big can of diced tomatoes. Dice/chop up your choice of 'stew' veggies and mix them in with the diced tomatoes. For this particular batch, I chose carrots.

Using my Ninja, I pureed spinach, onions and red bell pepper. I combined those in a bowl with 1/3 cup of coconut flour and an egg, and then mixed everything together with a hand beater.



After that mix is blended well, I added in 2lbs Ground Meat of choice and continued to blend with the hand mixer. Shape the mixture into a football and place on top of the stew mix in the crock pot. If you desire - and you should - wrap that baby in bacon and then cover for 5 hours.



Sooooo yummy! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment