Sunday, July 17, 2011

Never Shop When Hungry!

Everyone knows they should never shop when hungry. I made that mistake yesterday and this is what I ended up with - all for dinner!



Sure, it's all veggies, it's all healthy. But I bought this on a Saturday night and I'm flying to Dallas for another week on Monday - and I hate to waste. :-/ Looks like I'm packing up this following recipe with me to take with me on the plane tomorrow. It has been awhile since I've posted a recipe and I made one of my favorite dishes last night; it's easy, healthy and a perfect one to share!

I think one of the things I love the most about this recipe is that it can potentially make a crap ton of food to last you throughout the week.

"Pork Loin and Veggie Hash"

Pork Loin
Any Veggies you want
Seasonings

I like to rub the pork loin with olive oil and then sprinkle on curry powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. For the veggies, I like to cut up a nice variety of low, medium and high starchy veggies, throw them in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Throw it all in a pan and roast on 375 for 35 minutes. Let the pork sit for 10 minutes before cutting into it. Easy, simple, fast, inexpensive.



Right now, I'm trying to cut all sugar from my diet and remain strict paleo without going down the low carb route. If I consume a 'sweeter' veggie during my meals, such as a bit of sweet potato, butternut squash, or carrots, then I find that my sugar craves aren't as bad throughout the day. Of course, I can't just nosh on those three veggies alone, as I don't want THAT many carbs. :) I try to ensure I mix up the hash with healthy greens, like collards, brussel sprouts and broccoli.

I recommend going to your farmers market and buying up any and all veggies that look appetitizing to you and then spending just one hour in the kitchen, cutting everything up and making a big bowl of this hash for the week. You'll find that it goes well with everything - any kind of meat or even with eggs for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment