Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tuesday's Progress

I personally do not like to write out my blogs each day with a list of food I ate and what my WODs/results are. Nothing against people who do that; whatever helps people stay accountable, more power to them. My food isn't that fantastic and I'm not busting out Josh Bridges and Katie Hogan like WOD results so I don't see the need in doing it on my blog every day.

However, this week will be somewhat different. Since starting a whole new training program last week, I wanted to track my progress between the weeks, plus stay accountable for with my Whole 30.

Le sigh....life again throws me a curve ball. I'm starting to really love this program and now, I'll be in Dallas on Mon thru Fri for atleast the next 3 weeks :( I'll get programming emailed to me from my coaches, but it's not the same. I'll miss the benefit of having them watch me and correct my form. Oh well. I'm lucky to be healthy and with a job, so I can't bitch too much.

Tuesday's WOD:

45 mins Prior to Rowing: Lots of stretching, plus 1 push up OTM every minute for 20 minutes.

5K Row at 530p: We did this on the first day of Row Club 6 weeks ago so this was a re-test. Totally sucked; it was hot and humid out today and I swear I lost 5lbs of sweat. Did it in 22:50 w/ a 2:17 split; last was 23:29 w/ a 2:20 split. Shane said that taking 2-3 seconds off your split is the norm so atleast I did that. Rowing a 5k is my least favorite thing to do in this world.

Deadlift at 630p: 3R x 5; 2 warm ups, 3 working. Last week I ended my 5R x 5 with 3R of 200lb; got really ugly on the 4th so stopped & didn’t count it. This week, I worked on my breathing and I used runner’s body glide on my quads. Ended up doing 123-155-175-200-210 (2). My 200 x 3 looked really good tonight; so much better than last week!! My 210 wasn’t so hot; but Calvin watched the whole time and pointed out my problem areas; my upper back is weak and my inner quad is weak. So I have some exercises now to strengthen those. But my improvement in breathing from the 200 last week to the 200 this week was night and day. Progress :)

Shoulder Press at 700p: 3R x 5; 35-50-60-70-75. Nothing exciting here. 75x3 is probably a PR as I’ve never really tested at this.

Although I had about 56 hours of rest between hiking on Sunday morning and working out on Tuesday night, I was super beat after this class. I made sure to drink some natural, no sugar added coconut water in between classes to replace my electrolytes, plus I did about 45 mins of stretching/rolling prior to row class. Watched Josh Bridges (BW ~160lbs) doing 375lb Deadlifts tonight; definitely motivating.

Meal 1: Leftover Broiled Salmon, Sauteed Zucchini in Coconut Oil
Meal 2: Sausage, 2 Eggs and Berries
Meal 3: Broiled Sea Bass w/ Salad (Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, Bell Pepper, Strawberries and lots of Bean-o)
Meal 4: PostWOD: Chicken Breast, Chicken Thigh, Beets & BCAAs

No soreness today from last night; I thought I'd atleast be sore in the booty between all the rowing and Deadlifts. My back is a little tight but no worries there.

Today was a killer. It’s getting humid and hot, even at 7am, especially in the back of the gym!

7am Group Class:

15 AMRAP Testing Day
10 Hand Release Push Ups
15 Wall Balls (20/14)
20 KB Swings (24/16)

I got in 5 rds + 25. Push Ups were 5-7 each set, Wall Balls were 10/5 and KB swings unbroken. I was dripping sweat so bad. The average was 4-7 rounds. Rest the rest of the day until CFE at 630pm. Yes, 2 a day for 2 days in a row. But then just one a day for the next 2, then some rest!

Meal 1: Chicken Breast, Chicken Thigh, Beets & BCAAs (830am)
Meal 2: Leftover Broiled Sea Bass w/ steamed carrots (1130am)
Meal 3: 2 Eggs, 2 Bacon & Berries (4pm)
Meal 4: Steak w/ steamed broccoli & mushrooms (8pm)

And before you call me out, my bacon is Whole 30 approved :)

No comments:

Post a Comment