Monday, January 17, 2011

Crossfit Sweat Springfield - at last, we meet....!

I've dropped into alot of boxes over the past 9 months and I'm pretty sure they've all been welcoming of this Chicago Crossfit'er just droppin in to get her WOD on. Usually I'll send an email, tweet or Facebook message ahead of time so atleast someone knows I'm stopping by and of course, it's never an issue. I always end up meeting great people and having an awesome, sweaty time.

Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I get the opportunity to drop into box where I already know someone; last weekend it was Cris in Pittsburgh and then on Saturday, it was Diane at CF RVA. But the opportunity to drop into a box where you know not just one person but all four owners? Priceless. Awesome x 100.

I know I'm always saying "this box or that box is definitely one of my favorites", and I'm not lying when I say it, but I can honestly say I've never been more excited to drop into any box before than when I visited Crossfit Sweat Springfield (#37) on Sunday.



As most of you know, I'm a busy bee in the twitter world. I tweet...alot. But in the process of running my yap, I've met so many awesome people, especially Crossfitters, who I now talk to almost every day. When I found out I was going to be in VA, I knew this was one of the boxes I had to make sure to go out of my way to drop into....especially since J.L., one of the owners, is constantly kicking my rear in WordFeud. I was hoping to return the favor by kicking his rear in a WOD :)

As soon as I walked in the door, I was greeted right away by the crew, including the box's guard dog, Grace. Yes, the dog is named after one of my favorite WODs - pretty sweet. I swear she was ThisClose to being dognapped! (Kidding, Alicia ;P)



1000 on Sundays is open gym; the crew decided to do CFT from the main site while I did OH Squats. Then everyone regrouped for a painfully awesome MetCon:

5 RFT

- 20 Wall Balls (20/14)
- 10 Hang Power Snatches (75/55)

Such a deceiving WOD. 55# Hang Power Snatch? Sure! No problem.....if I wasn't doing 20 Wall Balls first! This WOD was a total shoulder smoker.



I'm still wondering if George did his birthday burpees or if he found a way out of them! I also got introduced for the first time to 'Battling Ropes'; hilarious to watch, super hard to try! But either way, it was a lot of fun.



(sorry for the crappy photo quality)


I want to wish the crew at Crossfit Sweat Springfield the best of luck at the Superfit Games this weekend - I have no doubt that you guys will bring the Beast Mode.

If the Crossfit Gods grant me my wish, I'm hoping for Round 2 at CFSS the weekend of February 5th with Devin and Stef!

No comments:

Post a Comment