Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crossfit Lynchburg and Mmmmm....coffee!

Some will say that I'm a lucky girl; I have a job that requires a lot of travel so I get to drop into so many Crossfit boxes, all across the country. My last project had me located in Phoenix; warm weather, decent sized city, and I got to drop into 5 boxes during the project. So when my co-worker heard where my next project was going to be, he assumed I was going to not be pleased. Our dialog:

Brian: So um Jaimie...your next project....
Me: Yeah...where be it?
Brian: Well, it's a small town in the mountains of VA. I don't know how you'll get your Crossfit fix.
Me: Dang man. *frown* What's the city name?
Brian: Lynchburg, VA.
Me: *jumps up in joy* Hot damn! They have a great Crossfit there!!

Enter box #35, Crossfit Lynchburg, my home for the next 5 weeks during the week days. How did I know this place was going to be awesome? By chance I am in close relation to the current 'Mayor' of this place on Foursquare.



What else do I love almost as much as I love Crossfit? Good coffee. I've been drinking coffee since I was in middle school; the product of being a military brat. Up until about a few years ago, I would load my coffee up with a packet of full flavored hot cocoa and french vanilla coffee cream; I never liked the taste of just plain old coffee. Eventually I gave up the coffee cream to cut out calories and sugar.

Enter stage left: Paleo. On Paleo, you can't have hot cocoa or sugar or milk or cream or even Splenda. So what's a coffee lover to do?

Paleo has truly taught me how to appreciate coffee in it's simple form. I still add hot cocoa to it, but it's 25 calories, 2g of sugar per packet and with a splash of almond milk. Yes, not 100% paleo but I'm still doing great with getting rid of all the other shit I use to put in it. And I am really starting to appreciate the taste of good coffee, which I've never done before.

Thanks to Malia for this picture, which sums up my thoughts on Crossfit and Coffee....



Also, depending on how 'strict' paleo you are (or aren't)...Bill from Crossfit Fire came up with the tastey treat of melting a dollop of butter in your black coffee for flavor; he has compared it to eating a buttery piece of toast. I haven't tried this yet but I think I might tomorrow.

Drink up!

No comments:

Post a Comment