Monday, February 6, 2012

Meatloaf Cupcakes w/ Sweet Potato Frosting

As I start a new round of Whole30 this week, I decided to explore some new recipes. You know, just to shake things up. A few weeks back, my P.I.C (partner in crime) Steph sent me the link to this potentially amazing recipe for "Meatloaf Cupcakes with Sweet Potato Frosting".

I made these last night. Amazing doesn't even cut it. They were AH-MAZING.

Here is the link to the original recipe and below are my modifications:

http://www.janssushibar.com/?p=12965

- Since it's just me, I used only 1 pound of ground beef, mixed with red onion and bell peppers and 1 egg. I didn't have any steak seasoning but I did have some "Mesquito" seasoning, so I threw that in. I used a regular cupcake tin, and this made roughly 8.

- Instead of topping with chili sauce or ketchup, I topped it with homemade paleo approved "pizza sauce" that I made on Saturday....recipe can be found here:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/homemade-tomato-sauce-i/



- For the Sweet Potato frosting, I cut up 1 small sweet potato, 1 small yam, cooked per instructions, then mixed with a splash of almond milk and clarified butter.

Pretty easy and inexpensive recipe for such an amazing dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment