Thursday, February 2, 2012

Grapevine Crossfit

As many of you know, if you follow my (infrequently updated) blog, I spent basically the whole month of January in Dallas for a work project. Granted, there are worst places in this country to be stuck in for a month, but as someone who is as dedicated to fitness and health as I am, it can be very hard to stay on track with such a dynamic schedule.

Thankfully for me, I was super lucky to discover Grapevine Crossfit. Grapevine is located just west of the Dallas Fort Worth Airport/Northwest Dallas, which was the area I was working in for the month. Before dropping into GVCF, I emailed the owners (Bevin and Brandon Head) and we had a chat about my situation. They were extremely welcoming and we were able to work out a very reasonable drop in fee schedule for whenever I was able to make it to class.

Another super cool thing that worked out great for me was the fact that they had a dedicated OLY class, which I also have at home at Invictus, so I wasn't missing out! Between 6am Group and 630pm OLY, I was able to hit not one but two big PRs while at GVCF; a 280# 1RM Deadlift and a 50kg Snatch.

Alas, as happens, the project is now over. I'm very happy to be back home but I do miss the GVCF crew and I hope to have another project in that area sometime this year so I can drop in again. Here's some pictures I took my last week there.

Me and my OLY girls:



Me and Coach/Owner Brandon:



Me and Travis, co-founder of the awesome Skilled Athlete software utilized at Invictus (small world!!):



Me and my 6am homie, Beth:




My 280# Deadlift:

No comments:

Post a Comment