Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fighting sickness with soup!

As a Crossfit'er, my number one fear is injury; anything that could permanently prohibit me from doing some to all of Crossfit would just really really suck. I wouldn't say that I have a 'fear' of getting sick but getting sick when you Crossfit is a real pain in the ass. And as any stubborn Crossfit'er would do, instead of going to the grocery store this morning to stock up on soup and medicine, I was found at my box, sweating away to the daily WOD. Which left me with no soup.

Thankfully, I had a whole stock of healthy foods already in my kitchen and I was able to throw together this Chicken and Veggie Paleo soup on the fly, all from leftovers.

- Purple Cauliflower
- Tomato
- Spinach
- Mushrooms
- Red Bell Pepper

Sauteed up in a pan while I baked two large chicken breasts.





After the veggies are sauteed and the chicken cooked and diced, throw everything into a pot, mix well, and add as much chicken broth as you desire. Season with pepper, garlic powder and thyme and then cook on medium heat until a boil for about 15-20 minutes.






Turned out great and one less thing to worry about when I'm sick.




1 comment:

  1. Nice! It's all about doing sautees. Did one just this morning. Why do Red Bell Peppers taste so yummy when sauteed in Olive Oil, and mixed with garlic? MMmmMMMmMmmmm..

    http://theresolution2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete